Welcome to my world of comfort food, recipes and discussion.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Retro Tuesday All Week Long

Please visit The Crazy Suburban Mom for Retro Tuesday All Week Long. This is a wonderful blog and I love Retro Tuesday.

I have always loved this meme and this is the first time I finally got something together that I hope fits in with it. On a recent visit to an apple orchard I found some wonderful things in the barn with the cider and donuts. We devoured the donuts and then took some pictures
~~
The first one is retro in that, it has been many many years since my butt could fit in one of these school desks.
All kinds of old tools on the walls, because I am somewhat clumsy, that is as close as I want to get to those saws.
I wonder if this became obsolete when gas prices went up.



This old stove really intrigued me. I love to cook and bake and just imagining what must have come out of those doors. Homemade breads, cakes, cookies, raccoons. I especially loved the setting on the stove. Set it and good luck lol.


Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While attending a Marriage Encounter weekend, Tom and his wife Charlotte listened to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.'He addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?'Tom leaned over, touched Charlotte 's arm gently and whispered, 'It's Pillsbury All-Purpose, isn't it?

'And thus began Tom's life of celibacy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great week. Anne

10 comments:

JacksDad said...

You shouldn't make me laugh right before I go to bed. I'm sure it's not good for you! :)

Lillian Robinson said...

Funny! I love the 'retro' stuff. I have it hanging everywhere.

SquirrelQueen said...

I love all the retro items, I have a few things along those lines myself. The stove is my favorite, talk about guess work!

I am going to make sure my hubby see this joke, he's probably wondering why I'm laughing right now!

Judy

Al said...

Those are cool stuff Anne! I love them especially the stove. I haven't seen Pillsbury flowers before hahahaha!

AL

Unknown said...

Such awesome stuff! I love the gas pump...and the stove!

Maureen said...

Cool stuff. It must have been fun to poke around in there.

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Neat stuff. I LOVE that stove! wish I had it to play with.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Too funny (the joke)!

Awesome retro pieces! I also like the stove...and am glad technology has advanced!! Can you imagine baking in that thing???

Beth

PS...thank you so much for the wonderful words you left on my "other" blog!

Unknown said...

Hey--have you checked your e-mail? Maybe it's stuck in your spam folder...I sent you some stuff!

prashant said...

I have it hanging everywhere.

Make website india