Welcome to my world of comfort food, recipes and discussion.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Breakfast Sandwich


I love a breakfast sandwich any time of the day.Start by frying some turkey bacon. I take an egg and fry it over medium and while still in the pan I add a piece of american cheese and let it get melty. To assemble 1 slice toast(wheat for me), the cheesy egg, then the bacon and toast. Squish it all together so the yolk breaks and enjoy. Slightly messy but so good. I have been reading lately that turkey bacon is so full of sodium that it isn't that much better for you than regular bacon. I am a little bummed about that, here I thought I was doing myself some good. You can't win sometimes. Enjoy.


ANY FUN SANDWICH IDEAS??

2 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

From what I can tell all the so called healthy foods really aren't. Either way that sandwich sounds really, really good.
SQ

Ayie said...

I always see turkey bacon in the grocery but never tried it. I know it's healthier than regular bacon but is the taste comparable?