Welcome to my world of comfort food, recipes and discussion.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Small Talk Six on Saturdays 7/11






http://www.momdot.com/blog/join-us-for-small-talk-six-on-saturdays/



Topic for Saturday, July 11, 2009:

6 things you think would be great about being a rock star (or just famous in general)

1. Lots of money. I know that is greedy, but I would just like to know what its like. I would do good charitable things with it, honest.



2. World travel, I haven't been lucky enough to see a lot of the world yet, I am sure as a rock star I would get to see it all.










3. I might get to be a guest at the White House. I have always dreamed what it would be like to be at one of those extravagant dinners. I might even be the guest of honor.








4. I would like to eat a fancy and expensive restaurants all over the world. The ones I only dream of now




5. I would get to meet Sir Paul McCartney! Enough said.



6. Ok, seriously I would like to know what it is like to have enough money to do all those things. I would also like to have enough money to be able to help people that really needed it. We had a few sad events in Michigan the past few days. One a car with 5 young people in it decided to try and outrun a train and didn't make it. All 5 are dead. In another area, a family was camping. The Dad got up early and was cold, his family was sleeping so he went to their car to warm up. He fell asleep and hit the gear, running over the tent. His wife and 1 year old daughter are ok, but the 5 year old son is critical. He is a homeless Irag vet and they were living in the tent. Now they are going to take the children away until he can provide a home for them. Now I wish I had the money I earned from being a rock star to buy that family a home and get that child the best medical care available. I wish I could pay for the funerals of those 5 families and get them the help they needed. It wouldn't change anything but it might give them less to worry about.

I am sorry to end on a sad note, but I can't get these stories off my mind and I thought they could use some extra prayers from the blogasphere.

Thanks Anne

10 comments:

Staci A said...

#6 is very admirable! I read the story about the family, and it broke my heart. My thoughts go out to them.

Becca said...

You know what I've noticed about many fancy, expensive restaurants? The more you spend, the smaller your food is! ;)

Night Owl Mama said...

HOW awful I'm surprised I didn't hear about that
I guess Micheal Jacksons funeral services is too important on the news

Prayers to the family's all of them. WOW that Irac Vet needs help So sad that a man that does so much for his country has to go homeless and now loose his children.

liked your list

SquirrelQueen said...

There is so many families out there like that of the Iraq vet, it is so tragic. I'm like you if I had a rock star's money I would want to help them.

Good list, sound very much like a rock star.

Hugs,
Judy

I am Harriet said...

Loved your list. It would be neat to meet Sir Paul. Last summer I heard that he was traveling Route 66 and randomly stopping along the way.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/woot-for-saturday.html

The Mud Bug said...

I so agree with you on #6. I would love to know what it is like to have money and not struggle but I am also a very giving person and would also give to people in need.

http://mud-bug.com/2009/07/small-talk-six-8/

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I like what you wrote for number 6. I forgot to mention about helping other people. Of course that's super important too.

Irene said...

aw. Your number 6 is the best. Thanks for reminding everyone.

Bloggymommy said...

Ohhh..traveling around the world! GREAT ONE!!!

Lillian Robinson said...

At least we poor people can pray for them...